Real Mex Restaurants is the largest full service, casual dining Mexican restaurant company in the United States with over 100 restaurants operating in eight states with sales near half a billion dollars. We are proud to offer our guests the widest array of Mexican food options in the U.S.
Learn More about Real MEXcellent Careers!
|Real Mex Careers||Restaurant Management Careers|
|Career Opportunities at the RSC||Compensation & Benefits|
|Training & Development||Job Search & Apply|
Our mission is to 1) provide our guests with an outstanding Mexican dining experience by providing fresh, high quality, crave-able products prepared to order and served in a clean, friendly and festive environment, 2) to provide our team members with rewarding employment and opportunities for growth; and 3) to provide our shareholders with an excellent return on their investment.
"Real Values" at "Real Mex"
R - Respect, Recognition & Rewards
E - Exceed Expectations
A - Accountability
L - Leadership
Springboard to Success: A Real Mex Career
At Real Mex Restaurants, we are confident about the future and we recognize that we need to hire the best and brightest to meet our long term objectives. Managers who demonstrate effective leadership by achieving consistent results will have ample opportunity to maximize their advancement opportunities. Restaurant management opportunities currently range from entry-level positions to multi-unit supervision. In addition, the restaurant support center, located in Cypress, California, provides additional career options and we post job openings weekly. With over 120 restaurants operating in close to a dozen states, combined with our anticipated long-term growth, top performers will have the opportunity to accelerate their career growth and reap the rewards that come with advancement! While there are no guarantees for the future, past performance is the best predictor of future performance.
Real Mex has a proven track record for acquiring other successful restaurants and leveraging the size and breadth of the Company to become a leader in the industry. During these difficult economic times, you want a company that is a proven entity. With over fifty years of successful operations, we have weathered the toughest economic cycles. We enjoy strong financial backing from top equity sponsors who have been adept at providing a solid financial foundation. At the same time, we continue to keep our eye on the ball and constantly strive for operational excellence, so we can maximize guest satisfaction scores and emerge even stronger following the current economic down cycle.
We offer a number of career paths for restaurant managers:
- Restaurant Management: The most common career path for a new manager begins with Manager-in-Training and progresses into successively higher levels of responsibility and compensation. This path includes Manager, Assistant General Manager, General Manager, Regional Director, etc. The speed of progression will be faster for managers who demonstrate strong leadership skills and deliver results. Qualified entry level candidates will have a minimum of two years supervisory experience in a full service restaurant environment.
- Culinary Management: Kitchen operations in our restaurants are a strength, which we have turned into a competitive advantage. With an emphasis in freshly made products requiring more complex procedures than many of the competitors in our industry segment, we need culinary professionals to provide supervision that ensures quality, safety, and execution are consistently met. Chefs/KMs have an opportunity to cross train in the front of the house and work towards becoming a General Manager or remain in kitchen operations. Qualified applicants for culinary positions will need to be able to communicate effectively in Spanish and also possess a strong cooking background, work ethic, and supervisory skills.
- Fast-Track Management: We are always looking for candidates with a successful track record who can hit the ground running and leap frog other Managers based on their outstanding leadership skills and operational experience. Opportunities available for these types of candidates include the potential promotion to General Manager or Regional Director within a short period of time, based on where the opportunities arise and the potential match with the skills and abilities of the fast-track candidate.
- General Managers and Multi-Unit Managers: Due to growth and other factors, the company is always looking for top performers with General Manager and multi-unit management experience. Candidates with well-developed supervisory and leadership skills are provided with specialized training leading to an immediate assignment as GM or Regional Director.
There are a lot of people working behind the scenes in a number of disciplines to support our restaurants. We employ more than 100 people at our Restaurant Support Center and another 175 at Real Mex Foods, the Company’s production division. With knowledge of restaurant operations, managers can pursue career opportunities in the following areas.
Food & Beverage Accounting
Finance Loss Prevention
Human Resources Purchasing & Distribution
Information Technology Risk Management
At Real Mex Restaurants, you'll enjoy the type of compensation and benefits you would expect from an industry leader with more than a half billion dollars in annual sales. In addition, we seek to recognize and reward your ability to consistently deliver results.
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive base salaries
- 401K plan
- Broad choice of health care options for Medical, Dental and Vision, with a variety of coverage and premiums to meet the needs of a diverse workforce
- Domestic partner health care coverage
- Meal discounts and quarterly allowance to entertain friends and family
- Employee Assistance Program-confidential help for the problems that life unexpectedly throws at you and your family
- Company paid life insurance; also take advantage of our low group rates to purchase additional life insurance for you or your spouse
- Short Term and Long Term Disability insurance
- Paid Vacation-Start earning two weeks per year and go to three weeks of vacation after four years and four weeks after nine years
- Performance Based Bonuses reward your ability to build sales and deliver profits.
- Managers have an opportunity to earn bonus monthly.
- Management Referral Bonus Program
- Refer a candidate, get a check for $1000 gross before taxes.
- All employees (aside from Director level and above) are eligible.
- Advancement Opportunities
- Managers who consistently deliver results will have the opportunity to fast track into General Manager and Regional Director positions.
- Service Awards which recognize loyalty and commitment.
- Bright Idea Program that recognizes Managers who implement ideas that build sales, reduce costs, or solve problems.
Real Mex Restaurants does more than just develop your ability to motivate people and drive sales, WE REWARD IT!
Our Philosophy on Your Development
We believe that your development is a responsibility that is shared by both you and your supervisor. The company provides a variety of formal and informal training programs but each Manager is expected to take initiative to develop his or her skills.
- New Manager Training is typically 7-weeks and provides a comprehensive curriculum utilizing both hands-on training and classroom instruction. During this introductory period managers gain a working knowledge of key operating systems.
- Ongoing Training and Development: After initial management training is completed, you will have an opportunity to participate in a variety of training programs that build competencies including guest recovery, floor management, employee selection, performance management, wage and hour compliance, financial management and many others. In addition, the company maintains an extensive library of training materials available to all managers, which can be checked out at any time. A variety of learning mediums is available, including audio, video, books, and self study training guides. Management development is further supported by a mandatory certification of all managers in the areas of kitchen, dining room, cantina management and back office administration.
- Specialized Development Programs for “Rising Stars": High potential performers are identified and assessed regularly and provided with a development plan to accelerate their advancement opportunities. This individualized plan is developed with both the manager and his or her supervisor and includes specific work assignments, seminars, and other training programs to help individuals leverage their strengths and address their developmental needs.
At Real Mex Restaurants, we realize that your learning and development is a key not only to your future but ours as well. That’s why we are committed to the training and development of all our team members. We believe that on-going development can be the springboard to opportunity, regardless of what career path you chose to follow.